1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

49er baseball to have top 25 class

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Aug 20, 2003.

1. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Where are the doing the majority of their recruiting? In town? I remember reading an article in the Observer saying that the Heels had rebuilt their program over the past few years by concentrating on Charlotte. Could lead to some interesting battles.

2. Over40NINER

Over40NINER Full Access Member

At least the tarholes are not afraid to play us in baseball like they are in basketball.

3. C49er

C49er Full Access Member

What is all that surrounding home plate? I'm not the smartest, but it looks really hard...that's not good is it?

4. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

C, that is going to be astroturf surrounding home the home plate area. When the cage is set up over the plate for BP and players stand around it, the grass wears out in about 2 days. Alot of college and minor league parks do this to prevent wear where players stand so frequently. Here is an example of Houston's:
    [​IMG]

5. TheGraduate

TheGraduate Full Access Member

metro - when I was at that field last, a guy at Houston told me that Lance Berkman (played across town at Rice) hit a ball that bounced into the drive thru order window across the street in left field... it's a Jack-in-the-Box, or something like that. That is a freaking bomb.

6. Halton49

Halton49 Full Access Member

Metro, I may have missed this, but how much seating capacity are we going to have. I was at Winthrop for the SE Legion regionals, and loved their facility. It had a capacity of 2,000.

7. metro

they are not changing the capacity at all as of right now, just rebuiling a new field. the new stadium that is under plans for Charlotte, I am not sure of the seating. Winthrop's stadium if unfreakinreal. It shows you what a school can do when it decides to do it and not make excuses. Winthrop will be a powerhouse soon now that it can recruit with that facility. I look for some big time series between Clemson and USC there.

8. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

looks like the new field is going to be done right. about the recruiting class?? any local guys? how was last years freshmen???

9. reddtroll

reddtroll intolerate member

Metro, come to Butler we have some players that would love to go there.I know my son would.

10. metro

red, I assure you if there is anyone at Butler who is D1 talent, they are on Charlotte's radar screen. Their new recruiting coach/pitching coach is putting a major emphasis on local players.

The sod is in. This now becomes on the finest surfaces in the south with the new state of the art installed drainage and irrigation system.

[​IMG]