1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

49ER BASEBALL- A WAY OF LIFE

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by bulldawg9, May 13, 2004.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Metro..you don't believe that. He won before using the same facilities, as you well know. There were plenty of local players that wanted to attend UNCC that went on to ACC schools. UNCC never gave them the time of day.

I'll say this...their recruiting coach, Brandon Hall, is the hardest working coach I have seen this year and I believe his signees will reward him for his efforts. But if you really want to know the pulse of the team and how they feel...ask the players. I have.

2. baseballnut

baseballnut Full Access Member

I agree with Braves, the telling story is how the players feel about current situation, AND how they act on the field. They could have signed or made it very hard for several local '04 kids, but didn't even work them hard enough to not want to go to ACC or SEC schools and "never play". Facilities "must" be upgraded to apeal to recruits or even the fans that go to the game in the "worst" facility in the Mecklenburg school system. Only Garinger HS has a longer walk to restrooms.

Can the program return to past success, yes, if Coach Hall and the pitching coach are allowed to have something to sell. As hard as they work, they could do wonders a showcase facility.

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

:xyzthumbs ...I really want them to do well.....speaks well for the school and city

4. baseballfanalways

baseballfanalways Full Access Member

Russ?

Where did this young man end up? Was wondering who he was?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2004
  5. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Russ is about as real as Sidd Finch and that Mighty Casey guy.

6. baseballfanalways

Bogus

So that is a bogus person! Some people on here want real info!

7. Papabear

Papabear Full Access Member

There has been recent talk about building a state of the art, minor league facility downtown. Great idea, and to me it's a no brainer. Has the university thought about perhaps being a participant with the city in helping to make that happen? Seems that couldn't do anything but help from a recruiting standpoint.

8. redbirdfan

redbirdfan Full Access Member

A Great New Addition

Kudos to Coach Hibbs, Hall and Durkac - they have signed some great local talent from the 2004 class (Woodall and Taylor) and have really been involved in some heavy recruiting efforts in the abundance of local talent in the 2005 class and it is paying off. After receiving verbal commitment from Sam Pierce (North Meck) early in July (as a reliever), they have now added to that verbal commitment list, one of the top pitchers in the state - Zach Rosenbaum - also from North Meck. This is an awesome addition to the roster at UNCC. Zack is a great player/student and is an overall terrific kid. His parents are super people - UNCC is lucky to have this family. Congrats to them as well as to the Coaching Staff at UNCC.

9. rattdd

rattdd Full Access Member

Another New addition

Dusty White(Hopewell High) has verbally committed for 2005 for baseball. He is a great addition to the UNCC family as he plays 1B/Pitcher and has a good bat! Congrats to Dusty and his family! :applause:

10. baseballfanalways

UNCC Strikes again!

Freedom high school standout infielder/outfielder Alex Chapman (left) recently made a verbal commitment to the Charlotte 49ers.
    This is another fine addition to the 49er baseball family!!!