1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

49er assistant A.D.

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Jul 22, 2003.

1. BJUnklFkr

BJUnklFkr Full Access Member

Thanks for the info, Metro. Darin's son gets my best wishes. I hope he pulls through.

2. kpigout

kpigout Cyber-Tailgate BBQ Master

Let me first say that this little boy and his parents will be in my prayers tonight, and for as long as they need them.

Speaking as a parent of a disabled child, I can tell you firsthand what kind of hell you go through when your child has a siezure. My boy had his first one when he was 1 1/2 years old. There is no worst feeling than the helplessness and total fear that strikes you when this happens. The first time, I had no idea he was having a seizure. I thought my son was dying. When he went limp after the siezure, I ran into the street with him in my arms screaming for help, thinking my boy had just died. No terrorist could strike that much fear into your heart and mind. It took several years, but he is now on a medication that has prevented his siezures for over 2 years now.

Second, some of the people on here found out about my sons recent surgery on his hips, and expressed their prayers and well wishes for him. For all of you that did, it was much appreciated. When your child is sick, you can sometimes feel so isolated and helpless, and there is nothing better than a group of people, either friends or strangers, letting you know they are thinking of you and praying for you and offering their support. It makes you feel not so alone. I cannot imagine under any circumstance that someone would not welcome the prayers and well wishes of others. I would not hesitate for a minute to ask for prayers for another, as Metro did.

Which brings me to Urban. Keep this kinda crap to yourself. You were totally out of line, The only reason you responded the way you did was because Metro posted it, and you had to make it personel. Give it a friggin' rest , and learn when and where to choose your battles. This thread was not the place. All of your stupid little threads are starting to irritate the living hell out of everyone on here already, but this was over the line. I promise you that the folks who this thread is aimed at appreciate every thought and prayer coming their way. Trust me on this one.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2003
  3. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Well-written kpigout! I'm sure it has been almost as tough for you as it has your son. But you've also mentioned once that he was also your biggest inspiration, I think that is wonderful. May he continue to be a fighter.

I hope and pray both of these children continue to improve.

4. TheReal49er

TheReal49er Full Access Member

The Spease family returned from the hospital last night and his son is 48 hours and counting without seizures and regaining his balance and speaking ability. I just talked to his wife and she has the "giddyup" back in her voice. The little guy even muttered a "hello" in the sweetest voice.
    Godspeed.

As for Kpig, my man High Point called last week and informed me of your son's good fight. A box was rushed to the attention of your child. I hope it brings smiles.

Maybe this prayer chain helped. Maybe Urban can step back and see it for what it's worth. Maybe Urban can't. Only Urban knows.

5. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

thanks for the update Real. classy touch on kpig.

6. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

that's good news, metro.

we'll always believe that it helps.

7. HighPoint49er

It arrived yesterday Real and he loved it. Photos coming soon.

Thrilled to hear Little Spease is improving.

8. Darin

Darin Junior Member

Thanks

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and prayers. My son is 3-years old and had about 80 seizures in 8 days. He has been put on a new medicine and thankfully has been seizure-free the last four days. Keep up the prayers! They really work!

9. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

i, too, have a 3-year old boy. born march 1 at CMC. i can't imagine what you guys are going through. how scary. hang tight. this, too, shall pass.

10. HighPoint49er

Darin, we've got your back! Keep us posted please.

And welcome to TBR too.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2003