1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

49er assistant A.D.

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Jul 22, 2003.

1. RSgal

RSgal Cute pup

I don't know what your deal is dude, but you should probably back off. Metro was just asking us to keep the child in our thoughts, and I'd be willing to bet that the family is thankful for any and all good thoughts and prayers that we're willing to give.

2. two-six

two-six yes, i carved this

that is such a sad story. i'll keep the family, and that precious little child in my prayers.

and urban. seriously. get over it.

3. voyergirl

voyergirl y'all suck

first off my prayers go out to the child and the family. in general most seizures do not inflict a great deal of pain but it scares the hell out of the person having them. their senses generally shut done during it. many people have said they not only lose sight but they also lose their sense of hearing during the seizure. for a child going in and out of them this must be the scariest thing. one child told me she could see and feel "sparks" in her head before and during the "mini seizures". if the baby is having full blown grandma seizures i hate to say they are likely causing brain damage:( i am so sorry for the family not only the child. i would guess they have watched their seemingly healthy 3 yr. old baby suddenly in need of help they are unable to give. in-between the seizures the baby will go back to being happy but her parents are ripped open inside with grief. it is natural for al of us as parents to keep our child safe from anything that will hurt them, when we are unable to do this it tears parents up. they begin to feel it is their fault. this is wrong but tell that to the mommy and daddy crying by their child's bed in a hospital. my heart breaks for all involved but our prayers must also be directed at them to be strong during this time.

the real question is why they are even happening. not all seizures are caused by epilepsy, i wish it were that simple. there are MANY things here we don't know about. if it is epilepsy it is typically controlled by medication. although the meds for seizure prevention are strong and take away a lot of the persons personality. at least it staves off brain damage while the drs. hope for a cure in the near future

ketogenic diet (sp), i think the mayo clinic is wear you get the info for the real diet. i'll look it up later tonight. i have heard of this for epilepsy before but it is VERY risky. if it were my child having 100+ seizures a day you can bet your sweet ass i would try this diet. what have you got to lose? what have you got to gain if your child is within that 50% or so that it helps? the odds are in your favor.

our brains are very complex and with the compounded seizures he has he has the chance of losing more and more mental functions, the younger the person is when brain damage sets in the more physically handicapped they are likely to be:( i can only pray for a light on the horizon for these folks. i am sure their prayers are to get through each day one at a time.

i have so much more i could ramble on about but i've already written a book here. a prayer left my lips aloud as i read the initial post:(

4. Stargazer

Stargazer American Girl

Don't use a thread started to inform us about the need to provide moral support for a child in need to further your own agenda. Petty, man....unbelieveably petty.

Prayers for the child and family....

5. Honeygirl

Honeygirl Frisky Tart

Thanks for letting us know Metro...I'll keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers. This must be one of the most devastating things for parents to go through - and I hope that they can get some answers soon :(.

6. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

I've never felt more frustrated, useless, and desperate than when I've had to watch people I deeply love suffer. Even so, I cannot imagine what it must be like for a parent to watch their child suffer like that.

The Spease family will be in my prayers.

7. VOR

VOR OnlyU CanPreventRelection

The Spease family is in my prayers, I hope boy's problem is successfully resolved.

8. Patti

Patti ~

TBR is always ready to step up to the plate when someone is hurting, this is certainly no different. Thoughts and prayers go out in abundance for the little boy and his family. :(

9. Puttingood

Puttingood Sensitive One

My Prayers are there for them.

10. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I can not even imagine the helplessness the parents must feel when their little whipper is having a seizure. Makes you feel VERY lucky to have a healthy child. A true blessing. That and having friends, co-workers and aquaintances that think/pray for you when the need is there. While the parents may feel a little uncomfortable/embarrasses if they knew that their situation was being mentioned, I would bet they appreciate the kind wishes that are flowing their way.