1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

49er assistant A.D.

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Jul 22, 2003.

1. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

We don't have many rules here on tbr, but one of them is that when someone starts a thread about a death or illness - especially as it relates to a child - you leave your petty little grievances outside that thread.

That is just plain offensive man.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2003
  2. Urban

Urban Full Access Member

Use some common sense and don't talk about someone else's personal matters especially when it has to do with illness. THis isn't about me and metro. He's the one being offensive and downright disrespectful.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2003
  3. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

handle that in a private message, please.

around here, as corny as it may sound, we believe in the power of group "good thoughts," "prayer," positive thinking," or "well wishes" -- whatever you want to call it.

we've had some folks here -- and others that people here just know -- that have been in our members' daily thoughts. and, forgive us for being naive, but we think it helps. at the least, it helps us to think we can do something when someone is in pain.

thanks.

4. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Amen, LarryD. Urban, you're barking up the wrong tree if you think the TBR bunch doesn't believe in group thoughts, wishes, prayers or whatever you want to call it.

(BTW, if you asked for support here you'd receive it as well.)

5. WilliamJ

WilliamJ SUPERMOD

I cannot relate to the seizures but i seen my kid unable to breath from an asthma attack. Prayers that they find a solution and fast epilepsy is rough.

6. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

geez... my prayers go out to his family... anyone in this type of situation needs all the prayers available

7. LadyJane

LadyJane Some Say Love...

My prayers are with this family :(

8. kakia

kakia Full Access Member

Obviously, Urban is the one being "offensive and downright disrespectful". Shame on you.

Metro, thanks for posting this. Will keep this family and child in my thoughts and prayers. Hope the doctors can figure out what's wrong.

9. Coops Greatest Fan

Coops Greatest Fan I just post here

Ya know the funny thing about this board is that any time anything happens to someone on here or someone we know, the tbr team steps up and does what they can for them. Thoughts and prayers are sometimes the only possible things for those of us that aren't living in the area. The members of TBR will always help out a family in need, especially when dealing with a child. What has this child or family done to you??? Absolutely NOTHING! You're showing your insensitivity to this issue, and more than anything it pisses me off because we are talking about a child here. This child doesn't deserve anything that's happening to him, and the family doesn't either. If you don't care to read that our thoughts and prayers are going out to this family, then don't click on the thread. Simple as that. But don't show your insensitivity around this parts again!

Edit: Thoughts and prayers going out to the family and especially the child!!!

10. imonlyhuman

imonlyhuman Fuck off, I don't care!!!

Metro thanks for posting the need for prayer. As a lot of people know (oh oh personal) I dont do the prayer stuff but my thoughts are with the family. A lot of times families need to know there are other people out there that are thinking about them. It gives them courage to keep going and the strength to bare with the hard times that they are going through. If anyone is going through simular problems, the families know they are not the only ones that are going through it. We here are just a one great big family that gives hugs to those in need and shoulders to cry on if anyone needs one. :)