1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

4-4

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Blue_, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

You know what I like about you, Ted Striker?

You own being Collin's bitch, and you aren't a bit bashful about it. And the irony is lost on you that you're the one following me around.

2. y2b

y2b King of QC

The 4-4 Defense in a running situation is the best defense you can field against the pass.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Kudos for admitting it, but now in addition to apologizing for being a psychopath, you should also apologize for saying that I lied: http://www.thisboardrocks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2675988&postcount=37 I don't lie. You lie.

He's one of six people on my ignore list, but if he did then it was probably only because he automatically supports anyone arguing with me in hopes that it gets on my nerves.

I already posted that I don't think they would have played together. It's not something many DCs do, so yes, it does require a scheme change in order to use a pair of two-gap noses side by side as anything more than injury replacements. I brought up the idea and said that I'd support doing that, but it would go against what most DCs choose to do.

They weren't and aren't interchangeable, Fox was just blowing smoke. Rivera's candid talk about his schemes is one of the best things about that change in leadership. And Thomas Davis clearly was out of place at SLB, which is why he hasn't played there in years.

[​IMG] Yeah, that's why I said that Newton has been the team's best player so far this season, because I hate him so much. You're angry because you're always angry, I'm just the target this time because I wounded your pride. And just stop accusing me of lying. You just had to admit that when you accused me of lying about you talking about "killing," that I was correct. I don't lie, you do. You've repeatedly lied about what I've said and haven't said about Cam Newton and the defense, all because you have completely lost control of yourself. Get professional help.

No, you're trolling yourself. Again, you've never been thought of as a guy who actually knew much about football, but you've never embarrassed yourself quite to this level before. It's bizarre to think that this all started because you couldn't admit that the 3-4 is a better run defense when multiple people tried to show you why you were wrong. Your passion for the team is an asset, and I like when you post your thoughts after the games even if I disagree. What you shouldn't do is argue with people who actually know football. Stick to your strengths and avoid your weaknesses.

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    James Anderson is the lightest SLB we've ever had. Carry on.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

Not a chance. I guarantee you that his listed weight is not accurate. When he came into the league he was a lot lighter, but he's packed on a good bit of muscle since then. Just look at pictures of him now compared to 3-4 years ago, especially the upper body. Dude's jacked now, so I'm guessing 240-245. Moreover, even his listed 235 is bigger than the 230 Thomas Davis was playing at back when he was used at SLB.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Derrick Brooks also played SLB over that span, which I found kinda funny.

I can't speak to anything other than the team site, which now has Davis at 240 and Anderson at 235. I haven't weighed the fuckers, personally.

But who knows. The Ravens play a defensive tackle at strongside linebacker. The idea with Davis was to get him on the field, which accounts for enough exceptions in the NFL to be its own idea.

7. Ted Striker

Ted Striker ... over Macho Grande

No truer words were ever spoken, the first part of solving your problem is admitting you have one. Just look yourself and the mirror and say to yourself: "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it people like me"

I don't know about the first part, but the last two might be a little tough for you. Collin has helped people with their personal lives, maybe you should reach out to him.

On a side note, nobody asked you to come back, I'm willing to bet that your ass got kicked off the huddle. If not you should go there where people of your mentality belong.

8. Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life Full Access Member

5-11 with wins against Colts, Falcons and Bucs (away)

This place is crazy. I tried reading this thread and kept reading how not so horrible our defense is?

Our defense and special teams may be the worst in the league. The only reason this team has won a game is because of the "superstars" on offense (Cam, Smith, Williams, Stewart, Olsen, Shockey) Our defense is injured, but the fact is the coaching staff did nothing to help the defense in the off season. We all knew we needed DBs and DLs and now with injuries we need LBs, its a freaking mess. Then you have the special teams which is simply a joke.

McDermitt is horrible. If he an Rivera wanted a 3-4 and that's going to be the excuse, then shame on them for not rebuilding the defense during preseason and why did they let Brown go if that was the plan? A hybrid 3-4 may be the ultimate goal, but again, why is it taking so long? What do they really have to lose by installing it now, seeing as we are 2-6?

9. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

25 pages

10. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

You must not be watching the games. The Panthers are already playing a hybrid defense. I give McDermott and Rivera credit for scrapping together something that resembles an NFL defense, considering the injuries and the lack of talent.