1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2012 Panthers Draft prospect thread

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Dec 31, 2011.

1. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

are we gonna have to tailor our d to our division?

2. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

We have to beat division opponents to get a decent record so we certainly need to construct the team to do that.

And if we set ourselves up to defend NO and Atlanta successfully, we should be able to defend about anyone else.

3. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

I'm not a big believer in tailoring it to the division, necessarily. You tailor it to your personality. Teams change rapidly nowadays, and you just have to dictate what you want your personality to be, and draft and spend accordingly. We have to be the Panthers, and let them come to us. The Saints don't give a fuck about the rest of the NFCS, and we shouldn't either. Let's be us and go block motherfuckers out they cleats.

Has to start at the lines. It would be a boring draft, but I wouldn't mind all line in the early rounds, as long as the value is there.

We got better vs. the run when our two third rounders hiked their asses to IR. Neblitt and Kearse really began to play pretty well. Shirley too, hell. But it really hurt losing Neblitt.

But he and Kraken are guys who rotate in at best. We have to get much better line play to be an effective defense, because McD leaves our dbs out on islands way too much to have no pass rush. All year long, opposing receivers have been running clear out routes so we can be gashed in the underneath zones. So I guess we'll need fast LBs, huh. I wouldn't mind going more hybrid and using more stand up rushers who are 34 type rushing backers, big enough to be ends. But to have one that's good. Not talking about who we have on our roster. Seifert used a 43 hybrid that resembled a 52 at times with 3 DEs on the line, and he could've done it here, but Greene was being a bitch, and whining about being a pure linebacker. But we gotta find a way to rush the passer with what we have. What we're doing aint working.

What's the knock on Coples? I know he's local, right? Plays tough on the line, but can he rush?

4. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

If it is Coples, what combination of Coples, Hardy, Johnson could you put on the line together? hoe effective? how ofton?

5. Wp28

Jared Crick is a name bouncing around.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Crick will probably be selected by a 3-4 team in the late first round. Picking him at 8/9 would be a huge reach.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

All three of those guys can play LDE or RDE, which is nice. Coples could bounce inside on 3rd & long to make room for Applewhite or someone on the outside.

8. Wp28

Johnson, Coples, Hardy, Applewhite, Neblit, Edwards, McClain, Fua, Kearse?

good enough?

(based on assumption they won't give up on McClain, Fua after one year)

9. Dr. Rev Carl Pethos

Dr. Rev Carl Pethos Spiritual Gynecologist

that Toon kid from Wisconsin in the fifth

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

LDE: Johnson / Hardy
    NT: Edwards / Fua
    DT: Garay / McClain
    RDE: Coples / Keiser

That looks pretty good to me. Maybe not a strength, but that at least gets the Panthers from worst DL to slightly above average. It also gives you more flexibility for a 3-4 look. Unfortunately I don't think they'll bring in Garay.