1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2012 Panthers Draft prospect thread

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Aaron Wilson ‏ @RavensInsider

Bruce Irvin has previously visited Bills, Browns, Patriots, Texans, Jets and Panthers. Has worked out for Bears and Jets

twit..

2. Wp28

After being academically ineligible to play high school football and serving a stint in juvenile jail, Irvin completed his GED in December 2007 and got a chance at Mt. San Antonio Junior College for the 2009 season. Irvin was late arriving to campus, so the team played him as an undersized defensive end. He garnered first-team All-America status (72 tackles, 21 for loss, and 16 sacks) in that role. The Mountaineers also charged him which chasing the passer, which led to a second-team All-Big East campaign in 2010 (14 sacks, ranked second in the nation) and first-team selection in 2011. Despite his lack of experience, Irvin's athleticism and toughness should give him a chance to be a pass rusher as a 3-4 linebacker at the next level, or possibly a defensive end for the handful of NFL 4-3 teams not minding his lack of size. If he answers questions about his past to NFL scouts' satisfaction, they may decide to take a chance on his potential in either role with an early-round selection.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1779111/bruce-irvin

3. Wp28

RT @TonyPauline: Stephen Hill/WR/Georgia Tech visiting the Carolina Panthers next week....

4. Mills51

Mills51 Full Access Member

5. McJeff

McJeff The wheel is turning

6. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie Welcome to Wusta!

That would be even better if Brockers slipped one more pick past the Eagles, but oh well. I'd also like this trade, and it does make sense for both teams. Should be a lot of talent available in the second round, an extra pick there would be great.

7. Wp28

Aaron Wilson ‏ @RavensInsider
    Reply RetweetedRetweet
    Delete

Nevada MLB James-Michael Johnson visited Panthers, Browns, Rams: http://bit.ly/IGBBs2